Association for Fundraising Professionals - Greater AZ Chapter is offering both the AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course and a CFRE refresher course here in Phoenix!
When: August 24-25 / 8:00am to 5:30pm
Where: Mesa Community College
(Room location coming soon)
1833 W. Southern Ave., Mesa AZ 85202
Cost: $390 for AFP members; $490 for non-members
The AFP Refresher CFRE course is:
- Designed for fundraising professionals with 5 or more years of experience
- Participants will receive a participant manual that contains test taking tips and sample exam questions
- Two-day intensive program that gives an overview of skills, techniques, and program components of a complete fundraising program
- Eligible for 13.75 CFRE Credits
The AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising course is:
- A comprehensive overview of the six core fundraising knowledge domains
- Taught face-to-face over two days, including case studies and interactive projects
- Designed for individuals with up to 4 years of professional fundraising experience
- Eligible for 16 CFRE Education Points
Click here to register for either course before August 18th at 12 noon.
What is the CFRE?
The Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential demonstrates an individual’s mastery of the standards set for core knowledge and skills required of fundraising executives after five years of experience. This practice-based designation requires demonstration of having met these standards through both an application and a written examination.
The Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential provides you with a recognizable demonstration of your personal and professional achievement and commitment.
Who administers/recognizes the CFRE?
The CFRE Program is governed by the CFRE Professional Certification Board. The program and the board is administered in cooperation with leading philanthropic associations:
What is the ACFRE?
The Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive Program is administered by the ACFRE Professional Certification Board.
Certification as ACFRE requires successful completion of four stages of the process, which must be completed sequentially: a written application, a written examination, a portfolio review, and an oral peer review.
What opportunities meet the ACFRE requirements?
Candidates for ACFRE Professional Certification should be aware that not all "advanced" or "senior executive" continuing education opportunities are acceptable for the ACFRE application process.
To be eligible, such activities must address one or more specific topics in Advanced Organizational Management or Advanced Organizational Leadership, as described in the ACFRE Application and Guidelines.
What criteria do I need to satisfy?
Those interested in pursuing an ACFRE certification must meet the following criteria: